Join our International Team!
There are currently two vacancies at the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) related to Green Key. These positions are listed below.
In addition, there are two internship positions available at the Foundation for Environmental Education. One of the internships is within FEE with a focus on administration and communication, while the other internship is focusing on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). Please visit the FEE website for more information on these.
Sustainable tourism related internship at the Foundation for Environmental Education
The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) is looking for an intern that would like to work with our tourism-related environmental programmes Blue Flag and Green Key from mid- February until the end of July 2018. The main areas of work will be communication and PR as well as administrative tasks related to the dissemination of best practices and the evaluation of applicants for the Blue Flag and Green Key award.
Main tasks and responsibilities
1. Communication and PR
- Development of PR materials for the Blue Flag and Green Key programme
- Composing of news articles for website and social media
- Development of newsletters
- Social Media maintenance
- Development of communication materials about the programmes’ connections to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
2. Support in the applicant evaluation
- Assisting in the Blue Flag International evaluation process for the Blue Flag season 2018
- Assisting in the evaluation of Green Key applicants and re-applicants
3. Managing the dissemination of best practices of the Blue Flag and Green Key programmes
- Maintaining and extending the best-practice databases for the two programmes
- Communicating with the FEE member organisations and other international partners to gather information and materials for the best practice databases of the two programmes
Terms and conditions
- Unpaid internship for the period 15 February – 31 July 2018 (exact period to be agreed upon)
- The successful applicant will be provided with a work space at FEE Head Office
- The successful applicant will be responsible for own accommodation and transport between home and FEE Head Office
- English is the official language at FEE Head Office
- The applicant has to be an EU citizen or has to have a valid EU work permit valid for Denmark before starting the internship
Required skills and experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- The applicant should have a background or work experience in sustainable tourism, sustainable development or other sustainability-related fields of work
- Precise and organised way of working
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office package
- Experience with design programmes such as Adobe software
- Capability of working in a team as well as independently
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment
1. Please send your CV and motivation letter via email to:
Isabel Lissner firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please write in the subject “Application for BF/GK Internship”
2. The short-listed applicants will be called for an interview on Skype or in person at the FEE
Head Office (it is expected that the interviews will take place before 1 February 2018)
3. The successful applicant will be contacted
The deadline for applications is 21 January 2018.
Marketing and Communications Officer for the International Head Office
The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) is looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer to manage our online and offline communication and increase our brand awareness. We offer the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a global reach and a strong hold on the international environmental scene. You will play a major part in implementing the communications and marketing strategy set out for FEE and in doing so involve and influence millions of young people. The FEE International Head Office is located in Copenhagen, Denmark and currently consists of 16 devoted staff members. Our working language is English.
The position is 30 hours per week (with 1:1 flex time) and the initial contractual period will be for three years with the possibility of extension. The position may include travels. You will report to the Administrative Director and the CEO of FEE.
FEE is a global organisation in the field of environmental education. With its five hallmark programmes, Blue Flag, Green Key, Eco-Schools, Learning about Forests and Young Reporters for the Environment, FEE reaches hundreds of millions of people in our more than 70 member countries across the world. Working tirelessly to promote education for sustainable development and making a positive impact through all of its programmes, FEE aims to create positive change on a global scale and our programmes represent the absolute cutting edge in sustainable education. FEE believes in the power of change and that the best gift we can give to future generations is a world of educated and environmentally conscious people equipped with a sustainable attitude.
As our Marketing and Communications Officer, you will be in charge of strengthening FEE‘s marketing and communication in accordance with the strategy set out for FEE. Your main task will be to create and implement a concrete action plan for the communication and branding of FEE in order to disseminate our message and draw attention to our organisation and our achievements at the highest level. Ultimately, you will act as our brand’s voice.
The main functions of the Marketing and Communications Officer will be to:
- Strengthen and align FEE's communications by helping to create marketing materials and facilitating both internal and external communications.
- Promote the FEE name and the FEE brand.
- Create clear communication guidelines for the Head Office and for FEE's members.
- Create meaningful content in line with the FEE business goals.
- Understand and align the FEE communication needs with the members, partners and users' needs through purposeful content.
- Manage the publications and marketing reports.
- Assist the Head Office in creating promotional materials like brochures, press releases, emails, and other media outreach programmes.
- Create a strategy to promote and communicate our Global Forest Fund.
As our Marketing and Communications Officer you must have excellent English skills with a great understanding of the language and its proper use in order to create meaningful, targeted messages. You must be an apt writer transforming the FEE work and achievements into motivating, relevant stories. As our Marketing and Communications Officer, you must have a strong knowledge of PR and branding in order to grasp the importance of exposing, selling and elevating the FEE brand. Preferably, you come from a commercial background, have an analytical mind-set and a great understanding of how international organisations operate. The Marketing and Communications Officer must have a thorough understanding of the social media platforms, SEO and Google Analytics.
Please send your application to:
Rikke Florager, FEE Administrative Director, at email@example.com. Deadline for receiving your application is 31 January 2018.
For further information about the position, contact Rikke Florager by email firstname.lastname@example.org by phone 70 22 24 27 or 61248078 (direct).
Read more of our work and our programmes at www.fee.global