The FEE Annual Report 2015 informing about the activities of the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) includes a summary of the achievements in Green Key programme.
The FEE Annual Report 2015 summarises the highlights in the Green Key programme during last year:
- New Green Key criteria and explanatory notes for hotels and hostels, campsites and holiday parks, small accommodations, conference centres, restaurants and attractions were developed to take effect from July 2016
- Recognition by Global Sustainable Tourism Council of the new criteria and explanatory notes for hotels and hostels
- Growth in the programme to 2,350 establishments in 52 countries (with five new countries having their first Green Key establishments in 2015)
- New cooperation agreements with SGS, Lucart Group and various online booking and travel companies and a renewed cooperation agreement with the Starwood Hotel Chain
- Managers from Green Key awarded establishments expressing satisfaction with the participation in the programme in a large survey
In the FEE Annual Report 2015, there is as well information about the activities in Green Key Key’s sister programmes: Blue Flag (eco-label for beaches, marinas and boats) and FEE’s three school-based programmes: Eco-Schools, Young Reporters for the Environment and Learning about Forests.